This course is intended to introduce the basics of inclusion and the rights and supports for children and teachers in early childhood education, and to help you understand the topics covered in the Project CONNECT Course series and the 5-step learning process.
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Define inclusion and describe four recent research findings related to inclusion;
- Understand the legislation related to inclusion;
- Identify 3 actions teachers can take; and
- Describe the 5-step learning process used in the Project CONNECT courses
This course also aligns with the following 2014 DEC Recommended Practices:
- F9. Practitioners help families know and understand their rights.
- L10. Leaders ensure practitioners know and follow professional standards and all applicable laws and regulations governing service provision.
This is a FREE course worth 1 clock hour of training. No CEUs are provided.
This course has also been approved for early childhood state training hours in the following states: Colorado, Kentucky, Mississippi, North Carolina, Utah. Early intervention credits (i.e., 1 credit) have also been approved by the Ohio Department of Developmental Disabilities.