[no-glossary] CONNECT staff will be facilitating a workshop during your doctoral seminar on February 16, 2012 to help familiarize you with FREE online modules and resources that can be easily infused into existing professional development efforts. The workshop will also provide a hands-on opportunity for you to learn about an instructional design sequence for PD that supports the close coupling of clinical practice and content and aids in building critical thinking and evidence-based decisions in learners.
In order for us to best meet your needs, please complete the following FOUR tasks before your class:
(1) Take the quick poll
(2) Answer the following question by clicking on the "Add New Comment" button at the bottom of the screen:
"What challenges do you have or do you envision in embedding into the professional development you provide?"
(3) Watch a 4-minute video of an overview of CONNECT Modules' HERE
(4) Go to CONNECT Module 3: Communication for Collaboration by clicking HERE. Spend time exploring each of the steps in the CONNECT 5-Step Learning Cycle:
- In Step 1, watch Video 3.1: The teacher’s viewpoint and Video 3.2: The therapist’s viewpoint.
- Review Steps 2-5.
- In Step 3, watch one of the video demonstrations of the practice,Video 3.3: Conversation with examples of attending and active listening.
Please feel free to explore other aspects of the CONNECT Modules website of interest to you.
Create an action plan about your next steps that you will take following this workshop:
- How are you thinking about using the modules?
- Who else might you share the information with?
- What would support your efforts?
Post your next steps by clicking on 'Reply' to your "dilemma" post or by clicking on "Add comment" button below.