As part of evidence-based practice, families and practitioners can turn to the best available research to answer questions and help solve practice dilemmas. In order to provide information on the best available research on a particular practice, CONNECT summarized an existing research synthesis when available. For this module, CONNECT summarizes research on RTI using syntheses and practice guides from the What Works Clearinghouse as well as a meta-analysis of 24 studies in Handout 7.1.
- Handout 7.1 Research Summary on Response to Intervention
- Activity 7.3a Apply the research to practice
For more information, you can read the following full reports:
- Reducing Behavior Problems in Elementary School Classrooms;
- Assisting Students Struggling with Reading: Response to Intervention (RtI) and Multi-Tier Intervention in the Primary Grades; and
- Assisting Students Struggling with Mathematics: Response to Intervention (RtI) for Elementary and Middle Schools.