Let’s review what you have learned in Module 5: Assistive Technology Interventions about how to help a child access and participate in daily routines and activities.
- In Step 1 you read about a practice dilemma involving Sophie, her mother Holly, the family child care provider, Ms. Mary, and other professionals.
- In Step 2 you turned this practice dilemma into an answerable question, with a focus on finding out whether assistive technology (AT) interventions are effective in promoting learning in the areas of communication, mobility, and social development.
- In Step 3 you considered key sources of knowledge about AT interventions, including the best available research evidence about the effectiveness of AT, policies and professional guidelines, and experience-based knowledge about AT interventions.
- In Step 4 you integrated these sources of evidence with the perspectives of Holly, Sophie’s mother, Ms. Mary, and Karen, the speech therapist, to make an informed practice decision, and completed an implementation plan related to your decision.
- Finally, in Step 5 you considered ways to evaluate the AT intervention plan.