Welcome to the module on assistive technology interventions developed by CONNECT. This module will introduce you to assistive technology interventions, and will provide information about the purpose, use, and potential benefits of these interventions. Assistive technology interventions can support access to and participation in everyday learning opportunities for children with disabilities. Access and participation are two of the defining features of high quality inclusion.
To learn more about high quality inclusion, view the 12-minute video: Foundations of Inclusion Birth to Five.
This short video provides an overview of inclusion legal and policy foundations and inclusion research, as well as a definition, the desired results and defining features of inclusion in early childhood. The video was produced by CONNECT: The Center to Mobilize Early Childhood Knowledge (running time: 12 min. 53 sec.).
- Policy Advisory – The Law on Inclusive Education (CONNECT, Revised 2013)
- Research Synthesis Points on Early Childhood Inclusion (NPDCI, 2009)
- DEC/NAEYC Joint Position Statement on Inclusion (DEC / NAEYC, 2009)
- Foundations of Inclusion Policy Advisory – Rights for Children, Parents and Teachers Related to Inclusion (CONNECT, 2013)
- Admission Policies and Practices that Build Inclusive Child Care Communities (Center for Community Inclusion and Disability Studies, Updated 2014)
- Research Synthesis Points on High Quality Inclusive Practices (NPDCI, 2011)